Last update: May 19th, 2022
Your privacy and our website
Our use of social media serves as an extension of our web presence. Social media accounts are public and are not hosted on our servers. Users who choose to interact with us via social media should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications you use to access them. We use Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo.
Comments left by individuals on social media can be read by anyone. Therefore, we strongly advise you not to post any personal information – whether it is yours or not. We reserve the right to remove any comments that contain personal information.
Personal information that you provide us via social media is collected to capture conversations (e.g. questions and answers, comments) between us. It may be used to respond to inquiries, or for statistical, evaluation and reporting purposes.
Ownership and usage of content provided on MIMS websites
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials of MIMs websites, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from us.
The materials are protected under the Copyright Act, and international agreements.
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
This MIMs Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes certain actions that MIMs prohibits when you use the MIMs Platform and websites. BY USING THE MIMs PLATFORM AND WEBSITES, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AUP.
You agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow any other person or entity to use the MIMs Platform or websites in prohibited manners, including but not limited to the following:
- use the MIMS Platform and websites to upload, collect, transmit, store, use, disclose or process, or ask MIMS to obtain from third parties or perform any of the above with respect to, any Customer Data:
- that Customer or the applicable User does not have the lawful right to upload, collect, transmit, store, use, disclose, process, copy, transmit, distribute and display;
- in a manner that violates any applicable laws, or infringes, violates or otherwise misappropriates the intellectual property or other rights of any third party (including but not limited to trademarks, copyrights or otherwise violating, infringing or misappropriating the rights of any third party, any moral right, privacy right or right of publicity);
- that is tortious, defamatory, libellous, obscene, hateful or racist, malicious, offensive, or harmful to any person or entity, or that violates, or encourages any conduct that may violate any applicable laws or would give rise to civil or criminal liability;
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods, or copy, modify, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble, or decompile the MIMS Platform and websites or any part thereof or otherwise attempt to discover any source code or modify the MIMS Platform or websites, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the MIMS Platform or websites, or any related system or network or breach any security or authentication measures used in connection with the MIMS Platform or websites and such systems and networks;
- transmit any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or code.
- harm or threaten to harm other users in any way or interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, or impact the availability, reliability or stability of MIMS Platform or websites, including without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, or launching, facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on the Services or MIMs Platform or on any third party.
- use the MIMS Platform or websites in an abusive way contrary to its intended use, to its documentation or to MIMS’ reasonable instructions;
- use the MIMS Platform or websites for the purpose of building a similar or competitive product or service; or for the purpose of competitive evaluation or research.
- use the MIMS Platform or websites to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- use MIMs Platform or websites in any manner that may subject MIMs or any third party to liability, damages or danger, or that violates any applicable third-party policies or requirements that MIMs has communicated to you.
- promote or engage in illegal activities.
- violate or facilitate the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, including privacy laws and regulations.
- reveal your account password to others or allow use of your account by others.
- resell or redistribute MIMs Platform or websites.
- fail to make a reasonable effort to protect your passwords and to secure resources against unauthorized use or access.
Last Update: May 19th, 2022
My Intelligent Machines Inc. (“MIMs”, “we”, or “us”) values and respects your privacy. MIMs provides Biopharma companies and hospitals with easy-to-implement and interactive augmented intelligence systems, allowing for accurate biological simulations at early drug development stages, to assist life scientists in the development of precisely targeted and personalized therapies.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
MIMs collects and uses personal information primarily on behalf of and in the course of providing services to our customers (e.g Biopharma companies, hospitals). In certain limited contexts, we may collect personal information on our own behalf, such as in connection with visits to our Website, job applications, and to send marketing communications.
Information we process on behalf of our customers:
Use of the Services: When using our service, we will ask our customers’ authorized users (e.g Life scientists at Biopharma companies) to provide basic business contact information to sign up for and access our platform, including first and last name, email, job title, company name, password and authentication factors. We may monitor use of the services by our customers or other authorized users in order to detect, investigate or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions. We may also generate aggregated, non-identifiable data and use such information to monitor the performance, use and stability of the services and to improve the services.
Information we collect and use through our Website and other interactions:
We may collect personal information when you:
- Sign up to receive marketing communications
- Request to receive or download marketing or sales collateral
- Request a demo
- Attend one of our events
- Enter a contest or participate in a promotion
- Apply for a job at MIMs
- Contact us with a question, comment or complaint
Marketing Communications: If you sign up to receive email marketing communications, we will collect your email address in order to send you newsletters, job updates, offers, promotions, and latest updates that may be tailored to your interests and preferences. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us using the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
Careers: In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
Events: If you attend one of our events (or visit a booth at an event), we may collect business contact information such as your first and last name, company name, work email address and phone number. We collect this information so that we can contact you about future events, promotions, offers and information about our services.
Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint by mail, email, phone, or through our websites request forms, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and products.
Sharing Of Personal Information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
Service Providers: Your personal information will be transferred (or otherwise made available) to certain third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website and Platform, processing payments and billing operations, providing customer service, support, access to content or documentation, and providing advertising and marketing services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or France.
Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, U.S. and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant to other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully cooperate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of MIMs or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Information About Our Website
Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and
Safeguards And Retention
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
As indicated above, if you have signed up to receive our email communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
Access to Information
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we maintain on behalf of a customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
or by postal mail at:
My Intelligent Machines Inc.
4200 St Laurent Blvd #200, Montreal, Quebec H2W 2R2
What Are Cookies?
- If you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages, comment forms, or blog subscription, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- If you submit information through a live chat widget, cookies may be set to remember your user detail so you can continue a conversation the next time you return to the site.
- If you purchase items via ecommerce, cookies may be set to allow you to add products to your basket, display the correct page for the device you are using, verify your details when you make an order, and allow us to process payment for an order.
You may withdraw consent at any time. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. You can also remove cookies from your browser settings. Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this and many other websites you visit. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Please see the following links for information on how to manage, block, or delete cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Delete and manage cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit http://aboutcookies.org . For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following sites:
We may edit this policy from time to time. Please check this policy regularly for any changes.
Cookies are one way we comply with GDPR guidelines.